Herpes Community
STS Blood Test

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

STS Blood Test

I recently took a blood test (herpes).  After reading more and more I am not sure if i can trust the results which i am supposed to get today..  I am unsure of exactly what test it was. I do know on the order for the blood work it said HSV1 and HSV2, and when they were drawing blood the nurse(I think) said STS...  I do not know what that means and  if that is a reliable test or not.  The risk of herpes happened about 1 year ago.
Call your doctor and ask them what's the exact name of the test (for example HerpesSelect).
Wait until you get the results - be sure to write them down and we can help you with them.  I just need the numerical results - ie hsv1 igg 4. 6 and hsv2 igg . 34 or whatever they are. Don't hesitate when they call you with the results to ask then if they know the test name or if they know the name of the lab they use - quest & labcorp are the 2 biggest.  

gace
thanks,  I still havent got them, but will post results as soon as I do.
Please help me understand:  HSV 1 - 3.22 IGG and HSV 2 - 0.04 IGG.

Can anyone explain the dr was out so the nurse just read me the numbers over the phone, she had no idea.
negative for 2, positive for 1