SV-1 and 2... possibilities... part five Questions
Think of the repercussions!

If I ask someone verbally, if they are HSV-1 or HSV-2 positive or if they have either HSV-1 or HSV-2 genitally, they say "no", and I have unprotected contact with them based on that... I would know if they were a carrier or not very quickly.

If they were positive and did not tell the truth I would know that! I would know what kind of person they were and they could not hide from that!

I get the concept ... any unprotected contact is taking on risk... not just the risk of HSV, but other things much worse than that.

It is an interesting concept... I wonder if some folks that are sexually active would prefer to be inoculated with HSV-1 and HSV-2 orally in order to prevent the stigma attached to the possibility of contracting HSV-1 or HSV-2 genitally?

I suppose it would be up to the individual ... if sexual contact is a more important part of their life, and if 55% of the general population has oral HSV anyway... well then the there may be an option to preventing the rampant spread of genital HSV.

What are your thoughts?

:-)