Sacral herpes (on lower back)
So I have been abstinent for 2 years and have always noticed this rash on my back that always came and gone but I never paid much attention to it. I can't even remember when I first noticed it. But I went to get it checked in February and found out it was herpes. I had a books test done. I told my new boyfriend and he is completely ok with it and very understanding. I have been on antivirals since I found out to avoid spreading the virus to my boyfriend. We recently began having unprotected sex. I have an occasional itch usually on my pubic line and near my clitorus but I have never noticed any lesions like the ones on my lower back. Since I've been taking the antivirals I havent had a break out on my back either. So should I worry about spreading the virus to my boyfriend? Two doctors I saw told me not to worry about it as long as I don't see lesions on my genitals. But of course I worry because I love my boyfriend very much and don't want to give him anything bad.
how were you tested for herpes? is it hsv1 or hsv2?
I have no idea what you mean by a books test myself.

has your current partner been tested for herpes and other std's? You two can't make educated decisions about what precautions to take until you know who has what.

if you are having genital symptoms, you should be seen for a proper exam to find out what is going on.

grace
I'm sorry that was a typo I took a blood test and was positive for hsv1 and 2. My boyfriend has only been with me and a virgin before me. I got tested for everything after we first hooked up because I had a yeast infection but I was so paranoid it could have been something else. Everything came back negative.

So when you have an out break do you always have lesions or is it possible to just have itching like a yeast infection? I'm confused because I look at my vagina several times a day and beer see lesions even went back to the dr to have her look and see if there was any I was missing. She said I look very normal down there.
usually you will have lesions along with the itching. keep in mind that just because you know you have genital herpes, that doesn't mean that everything that goes on down yonder is due to herpes.

are you on daily suppressive therapy?
Yes  I take 1gm of vacyclovir daily and haven't noticed an out break with lesions go about 6 months or so. I also take a daily vitamin and l-Lysin.