Herpes Community
Scared about herpes? dumb mistake

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Scared about herpes? dumb mistake

I've known this guy for about 4 months. He seems pretty decent but you never know
here's the PROBLEM
a month ago, we were hanging out and things got heated and i told him no sex. Well then it lead to oral sex. But he didn't take my tights off or underwear. He was just licking.

Well two nights ago, silly me. Same thing happen except for he took my pants off and his lips touched my bikini line. He didn't really touch me opening - not that I remember. I also kissed him-only a peck. And my lips is tingling and also two weeks ago I noticed two big red bumps on my chin? there was also alot of saliva. I'm going to get tested, but I'm really scared. I didn't let him go all the way, because I didn't know what he had and didn't know him well enough. pls answer and explain. Anxiety is killing me
my underwear was on the entire time, his lips just came in contact with my bikini line.
Hi and welcome. Im not a doctor but have some experience. It sounds like your ok as there was no real licking of your openings. the virus needs to touch the oral, anal or vaginal opening to make contact. The blisters would be around your lips and mouth not your chin.
Your just fine but its good your going to have a check up anyway.
this wasn't a risk for genital herpes.

since things are going forward sexually with the two of you, have you discussed std's, testing, condom use and birth control at all yet? if not, think about doing so so you are covering your bases for when things do go further!!  also have you both had your gardasil shots for hpv?

make sure herpes testing is included in your std testing. it's not a part of routine std testing and you could have hsv1 orally causing your oral symptoms so you both need to cover that base too.

grace
I asked him about his sexual history. He said he was clean and has only been with 3 people and offered me to look at his mouth and inside. But it was dark. But you can't trust everyone. It's not going further. I have only been with one person and have been tested for everything. This was just a mistake. It still worries me though because his was licking around my opening. Even though my underwear was on the entire time.
how long do you wait for an accurate test?
I had the first gardasil shot, I have to go back next month for the other
looking in his mouth tells you nothing other than how many fillings he's had in his teeth.  

both of you should seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing. odds are it wasn't included in any of his std testing. also ask what std's he was tested for, sometimes it's only  2 or 3 std's and not the whole shebang.

his licking you through your underwear isn't a risk for anything.
Why isn't herpes included In a routine std test?
I really think herpes should be included in every STD test, but the thing with herpes is that it's so common. For instance, HSV-1 (cold sores, although sometimes genital) is carried by 57-80% of the population. If they did test for herpes (I wish they would) then people could become more educated on the risks of transmission regarding both types, which would most likely decrease the widespread infection of HSV-1 and HSV-2.
Thanks for answeding my question. I agree with you 100%
I always request they test for herpes when getting tested because I too learned that its not standard. Thank goodness because I was really stressed