Herpes Community
Scared from Thailand

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Scared from Thailand

Happy New Year!

I recently came back from a trip to Thailand in which I had a highly regretful experience with a prostitute. I lost my virginity to her on the first night of our trip in Bangkok (23/12/13) and it had traumatised my entire trip until I arrived back in Sydney this morning (31/12/13). I am beginning to feel very worried about the possibility of STDs and every morning have had panic attacks and a feeling of helplessness and regret with a lot of guilt,

We began with a bath in which she just rubbed soap on me and rubbed my body, and then took me out to the bedroom. She dried me and then put a condom on me before laying me down and performing a ******* on me for around 30 seconds. I must note that the condom always had a gap between the tip of my penis and the end of the condom the entire duration of this experience. I did not check the condition of her vagina prior to insertion and my mouth did not make contact with her mouth of genitals.

Following this, she sucked on my nipples for a bit and then inserted my penis into her vagina. We did this for a short amount of time before my moral compass kicked in and I lost my erection (which was never fully erect). She then got up, got some lubricant and rubbed it along the condom and felt my testicles. Subsequently I regained a bit of my erection and penetrated her again before permanently losing my erection and telling her that I really wanted to sleep. The whole thing was a blur and a huge shock to me, but she showered and got redressed while I didn't do any of that and just got redressed without cleaning myself (uncircumsized).

What has alarmed me the most is that when she used a tissue to wipe her fluids off the condom protected penis, there were a few red patches (blood?) on the tissues, is this normal? Additionally, getting off the plane five hours prior to my encounter I cut my middle finger, a cut about 5mm long and not deep at all, pretty superficial. By the time I was finished with my encounter and tried to find my cut I couldn't find it until the next day. I had masturbated with this hand and took the condom off with it as well.

What worries me more is that I believe that I have a long-term small-cut near my anus that begins to bleed if I wipe my bottom too hard. That evening, when I went back to the hotel, and took a #2, I wiped my bottom and there was blood. Nonetheless, if my initial calculations were correct the last stool that I had taken prior to the encounter was just over 24 hours.

I believe that I have some sort of OCD due to my experiences in past behaviour but this is really worrying me and I am really in a fragile state of mind, particularly since its only been one week post exposure. I am looking to seek help from a counsellor and to get checked for STDs just after the new year.

I have been worried sick in regards to catching STDs, particularly HIV and HSV-2, especially since I've "researched" the statistics of occurrences in Thailand and the rate of infection. Since the encounter not much has happened in terms of symptoms apart from today's diarrhoea which I will probably attribute to airport and plane food, and slight muscle soreness, probably coming as a result of under 6 hours sleep each night (stress and late nights) and also poor positioning on the flight. I also have a throat infection and white back of the tongue but that is a result of something that occurred in Australia that even a dosage of antibiotics couldn't cure, but something I can live with and try to fight off without medication.

According to my mate's uncle (who took us there), he said that the brothel has blood tests every month (a statistic that I don't really care about), but he told me that he had sex with the girl before without a condom, which made me terrified. Also, the brothel was not located in the red light district, but my friend told me that the uncle paid a high amount (20-30k Baht) per person for their services.

Can someone please give me some advice as to how to move forward with my life. My friends have been very supporting during this ordeal and I will be forever grateful to them. This has been a huge learning experience that I will definitely grow from. I know that HIV DUO tests are carried out in Sydney and that a four-week test should provide accurate results. Nonetheless, the other STDs such as Herpes and Hepatitis have a much longer waiting period and I fear for its asymptomatic and probably can't be detected through testing anyway.

Thanks for your time and advice.
Although this was potentially an episode of some risk, having a condom on for the duration has afforded you near perfect protection from many STDs and some good protection from others.

A full panel of STD tests is recommended but they will be negative. 4 weeks is a good time to get the first round for HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis. Then at 12 weeks have HSV and syphilis.

Whether you are symptomatic or asymptomatic is not relevant to whether the tests will identify an issue or not.

Thanks for your reply,

So are you essentially telling me that I should be fine?

This small episode has really put me in perspective my life and what I value.

Cheers and Happy New Year!
Yes I believe you will most likely be fine, your encounter was protected for all activity involving your penis. Many serious bacteria need to go up your urethra and a condom prevents these nigh on 100% if used correctly.

Herpes can spread through skin contact on areas surrounding the protected area. Thus this testing is important at the appropriate timeframes. Transmission odds without active lesions are small. Il ow you mentioned blood, but the active lesions you'd be most concerned about would not necessarily be bleeding.

Yes I believe a valuable lesson has probably been learnt and that's all.
Thanks for your comments,

I've been feeling better about myself over the last couple days but the lingering doubts are still there any itch around my genital region gets me slightly worried.

I will see my clinic when it next opens on Monday to see what all the fuss is about and how I can move forward.

Will let you know if any issues arise.

Cheers!
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers