Herpes Community
Scared of herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Scared of herpes?

First, I've noticed that I had developed what looked like purplish stretch marks on my inner thigh, which decended from my groin and downward, vertically. I had developed them about four years ago, as far as I know, which would coincide with some significant weight gain. I had been to Iraq and weighed 165, but shot up to 180 in a month or two since my metabolism must have been temporarily screwed over by my limited diet while overseas. I am back to my normal weight, but the "stretch marks" remain.

Anyway, I like to check myself every now and then to check for signs of STD's, and make sure everything is in order down there. I even check the crease where my legs meet my groin, and behind around my testicles, since I am aware that crap can develop in those areas as well.

So, I had lifted my leg up onto the counter of my bathroom, and noticed a large lump on my inner thigh. As I did that, it must have ruptured it, since I started to bleed profusely. It wasn't spraying out, but it had expelled a similar amount of blood as though I had cut my face shaving. You know, a lot of blood, but not on an emergency level.

Anyway, this lump is soft to the touch, and is along my stretch marks, aand is slightly more purple than the stretch marks. It's ovular in shape, and is about a centimeter long horizontally, and half as thick. It seems to protrude about 1/3 of a centimeter. In addition, this lump is about an inch from the crease in my groin. I was pressing it, and it felt very soft, and almost seemed as though it were an obscenely swollen vein. There was no pain from it, although there was a slight discomfort as I squeezed some blood out of it. I wouldn't have known it was there if I hadn't of checked.

It doesn't look like any kind of STD that I've heard of. If it were, the only thing it would likely be is a wart; however, it seems like a blood-filled lump, that's slightly purple. Could it have been caused by leg friction? Does anyone have any idea whatsoever as to what it might be? Obviously I could go to a doctor, but I'm uninsured and would like to have at least a vague idea of what it might be before going that route.
this doesn't sound like herpes. see your provider if you are concerned.   you can contact your local health department to see what your local low cost/no cost options are in your area.

grace