Herpes Community
Scared of type 2...plz help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Scared of type 2...plz help

On 11/23 I received unprotected oral sex (about 1-2mins) from a one night stand female.  I did not see any visible sores on her face.  No other sexual contact was made besides a handjob.  About 3-4 days after this I started to feel a pain in the tip of my penis after ejaculation during masterbation (masturbation).  This pain continued to get more constant over the next few days and I also would experience pain when urinating but not more frequency.  I did read alot about the symptoms of herpes and started to freak out.  One day I had started to get the chills and was not hungry but it might have been my mind playing tricks on me, not sure.  Also during the week of 11/29 I developed a bad stiff neck in the middle of the day and it is still alittle sore to this day.  I went to see a urologist on 12/3 to do some tests, this dr only tested for standard STDs and not herpes which made me scared.  So I went to another Dr yesterday on 12/7 and asked him what the chances are of herpes.  He inspected me and took blood, said he will do a test that will test for antibodies that are produced after catching this virus, he said it can be accurate at this point.  He also said that he thinks the risk for me is very low.  

I did call this female and ask if she has any STDs, she has told me that she has lupus and had a kidney transplant recently and is always being tested as part of this.  She denies any STDs saying it would adversely affect her condition and she would know if she had herpes cause of the lowered immune system.  I believe most of this but not sure if they do test for herpes also as part of these lupus tests she says she gets done.

So I have not gotten any tests back yet but I still have pain in the tip of my penis and pain toward the end of my urination, and my neck still feels sore.  When I run my fingers over the head of the penis it feels like the skin is irritated and that is what is causing the pain.  There have been no sores or blisters and no discharge.  

If the test results do come back negative what else could this be?  
Update I did receive results back from the STD test today and they are all negative.  Won't get herpes blood test til tuesday next week.
no herpes typically is not a part of transplant testing or lupus testing. she'd have to check to be sure.

many things could be the cause of your symptoms. did the urologist by chance do a prostate exam on you too?  

grace
no prostate exam yet
continue to follow up as needed for your symptoms with your urologist. this really doesn't sound like a herpes related issue.
I am still having some pains in the tip of my penis and after urinating.  The dr told me I have tested positive for hsv type 1 in IGG test and negative for hsv2 in IGG.  He also said I tested positive for a recent herpes antibodies in the IGM test.  However then he goes on to tell me he still doesn't think I have gential (genital) herpes because there are no sores or blisters.

With these results I am very scared I have contracted the gential (genital) hsv1 because I don't remember ever getting cold sores.

If I have gential (genital) hsv1 can I transmit the virus by mouth, like performing oral sex or kissing?
the herpes igm test is a flawed test and frequently falsely positive. we don't recommend it being drawn on adults.  

this doesn't really sound like herpes going on. continue to follow up on your symptoms with your providers as needed.