Herpes Community
Severe pain during sex after first genital herpes outbreak

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Hi there

I have two dilemmas that I was wondering if someone could help with...

The first is this: I had my first outbreak of herpes type 1 about a month ago. I took acyclovir and the outbreak cleared up relatively quickly. I had one pretty big sore at the entrance to my vagina and some that I believe were in my anus as they caused a lot of pain during BMs.

Like I said, there are no sores anymore but when I try to have sex with my boyfriend it is much too painful to do so. The skin where the sore used to be next to my vagina looks normal but it hurts like hell every time my boyfriend tries to penetrate me and we have to stop. Needless to say this is not great at all for our sex life!

The next question is this: Like I said I'm pretty sure I had the herpes outbreak inside my anus too. This meant that during the first outbreak I was in a huge amount of pain there, could not pass any BMs for nearly a week as a result. The pan is now gone but I have this weird tag of skin next to my anus. I'm pretty sure it's not a hemorrhoid as it looks too pointy and doesn't seem the right colour. Any ideas what it could be?

Has anyone else had these problems? Are they normal and will go away by themselves or should I see a doctor?
It's not too unusual for sex to be painful at this point since you just had your first ob a few weeks ago. If you don't use lube, be sure to start using it to see if that helps. also return to be seen to make sure you don't still have herpes lesions internally where you can't see at home and also to be tested for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally too just to cover all the bases.  

you'd have to be examined to know what the new skin tag near your anal area is too. we'd just be guessing as to what it is.

grace
Thanks very much for your response :)