Shingles in the throat region
I was diagnosed about 4 weeks ago with shingles on the right back of my tongue and throat.  I am a first case for my group of doctors in their 50 yrs of practice.  The pain has subsided by taking the medication.  However, it's been difficult getting control of the nausea and hiccups.  Just this week, I was given Thorazine, which appears to be working.  I was just wondering if you could tell me how long it will take to get my energy and appetite back. If not, could you direct me to another site that could.  By the way, I have lost weight during this ordeal and am now 4 lbs. underweight.
I assume they diagnosed you with herpes zoster inside the mouth thru a lesion culture that came back as + for it?

Since you treated your shingles it should soon be feeling more normal for you hopefully!  If you are concerned about your weight loss come live with me and I can put some pounds on you....he he he...no seriously see if you tolerate any of the liquid meal supplements like carnation instant breakfast drinks, slimfast in between meals ( it's more healthy calories than a soda ) or even just drink real fruit smoothies in between meals too to add extra calories.  If you are still feeling too sick to eat - ask your doctor for something prescription to help with that too.

Hope you are feeling better soon :)

grace