Shingles or Herpes?
Please can anyone offer any advice. I am very confused. A year past last September (sept 2011) I have a painful blistered rash break out on my upper right buttock, I went to the doctors and right away she told me this was shingles and put me on an antiviral, had a bad reaction to this so stopped it a week later. Since then I have had 8 further outbreaks following a a line down my buttock but not joined just little circular patches about the side of a 5p. Last week I have a painful outbreak inside my vagina all on the same side, nothing on the left I went to doctors and showed her this and she said yes it looks very shingely. She has now referred my to the infectious dieseases clinic and they are testing for herpes? Now I am really frightened becasue I was always told that this was shingles and could not be sexually transmitted, they only time it has ever been in my genital area was last week.

I am 36 don't drink or smoke, exercise regularly and am otherwise very fit and healthy. Can't understand why I am getting outbreaks this often and how do I know the difference between Shingle and Herpes?

Thanks in advance...
shingles doesn't reoccur like this. far more likely it's hsv2 going on.  

I encourage you to read the free herpes handbook that we recommend in our read before posting post on the forum. that way you'll know the basics so that you can ask the right questions to your provider!

grace