Should I get Retested... A lot of Money Has been Spent for Negative Results???
I was exposed to HSV I. I developed an itchy vaginal rash that yielded noting for my doctor to swab. I had at least 15 years, prior, of low grade chronic vaginal itching. The igG specific tests were negative but the igM was positive. I took 5 days of Valtrex and then I took it one more time for five days when I had itching which could have been a yeast infection or HSV. Then I took no more Valtrex until the 8th month after the first test. I had developed chronic itching facial and vaginal itching so I was prescribed suppressive Valtrex for a year. I was retested at 19 months. The igGs were negative. I was tested at 22 months, the igGs were negative. I stopped taking Valtrex. They are thinking I have another condition and should not get tested again for HSV unless I have a blister to be tested which I have not. What do you think?
herpes igm testing isn't recommended to be done on adults.  there is a high false positive issue with the tests as well as a decent false negative issue too.

do you need more herpes testing? no you do not.

do you need more valtrex? absolutely not!!

have they  been testing you for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally when you are seen each time?

grace
Thank you. No to the bacteria testing. Not recently for the yeast albeit there is the possibility of yeast syndrome. I am also investigating the possibility of Behcet's and Sjogren's Syndromes. I'm a tough case. I will ask for bacteria and yeast testing. I appreciate your time and advise. Thank you.