Herpes Community
Small, painless, white bumps on the inside and outside of anus

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Hi there. I am a gay male and for about the past 6 months I have noticed these slightly small, white, painless bumps on the inner part of my anus. I am the receptive partner in my relationship and have been together with my partner for a few years, so we do not use condoms. I am hoping that they are just "skin tags" because when I pull on them it doesn't hurt and feels like an actual part of the skin. I have regular, painless bowel movements, and sex doesn't hurt either. My boyfriend and I are tested regularly and are both very healthy. Is it a possibility that it could be herpes? Please note that these lumps have been around for 6 months and have not gone away. I always thought herpes comes and goes and is usually associated with sore lesions. My boyfriend has not contracted anything either. They do seem to be growing a little bit bigger. There is a fairly large one very deep inside the rectum that you can only see if you actually spread the rectum open far enough. I would normally rush to the doctor in a situation like this, but I am traveling abroad for the next 3 weeks and wanted to see if I could get any advice on here that might calm my mind until I get back to the States. Could this be a result of being too rough during sex? I know that sounds silly, but I don't want to leave anything out.

Thank you! =)
herpes lesions won't linger like this.

odds are these are normal or even hemorrhoids going on.  they could be warts but you'd need a proper exam to find out for sure.

since herpes is on your mind, did you and your partner ever seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing? the rates of hsv2 in gay males are very high so if you haven't, it's well worth getting it done to see who has what.

grace
Thank you Grace! I will most definitely take your advice. I'll probably schedule an appointment with a proctologist when I get back to the States in a few weeks. I'm sure it's just fine, as it causes me no discomfort whatsoever. Just a little embarrassed by it all. ;-)
Hello, I am having a similar problem. I was wondering what your doctor may have told you. I dont have insurance, I would like to know if it is something serious before i spend the money on going to the dr. Your help would be greatly appriciated!!!