Herpes Community
Small red solitary recurring bumps

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Small red solitary recurring bumps

I have been experiencing these small bumps on and around my genitals that have me worried i've contracted herpes. I am a 23 year old student so i have no health care or money so i have no where else to seek advice.

First off, it started with a small red bump in my pubic hair area about 1 cm from my penis. I assummed it to be something like an ingrown hair (i do shave everything) or bacteria but a week or so later i noticed another on my scrotum. They both disapeared after a week or two and all was clear. Later on, i spotted another on the shaft of my penis. However, this one was flesh colored, way smaller, and appeared more like a blackhead zit so i wasn't even sure if it was the same thing as the others. It disapeared real quick and i was clear for a couple weeks. Now this morning i woke up to find another red bump except this time on the head of my penis. I can't tell if it's red since that's about the head's color, but it looks more like a large white head zit begging to be popped. It is also the only one that hurts when i try to squeeze it (not sure if thats because it's the head just being sensitive) but the rest have been completely painless and not itchy. All ranging from 1-3 mm in diameter. This has all been over about a 2 month time frame.

Does this sound like herpes at all? Any ideas at all what i might be dealing with? I have no other symptoms - never get sick or fever-ish nor do i have any clusters of bumps or open sores.
you can be seen at your school health center. far more affordable than most of your other options.

bottom line if you need to be seen and get a proper exam. obviously something is going on and you need to deal with it properly.   these don't sound like herpes going on but you have to deal with what is going on.  

if you shave your pubic hair, do not do so again until you know what is going on.
grace