Herpes Community
So scared and confused with results

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

So scared and confused with results

First sorry for my english , ill try to do my best. Here are my results:

Herpes Simpel I Ac.IgG: No reactivo
Herpes Simpel II Ac.IgG: No reactivo

AntiC.Anti herpes Simple I Y II (IgM) Resultado: Positividad 2.00

So i have negative Igg but positive igm but i dont know positive for what type of herpes. I didnt have notable symphtons of herpes, so the biochemical told me to do a specific IgM test to determinate what type i have, can you help me with these? beacuse im scared im infected with both types.

Im doing lots of STD tests because im obsesed and this one was the only disease which i havent been tested yet. I´ve had a risk situation in januanry cause a prostitute gave me oral sex, but can the Igg delay for 10 months to appear? Because they always say that if you have just igm positive its a recent infection, but 10 months (or more) is recent? i dont know what to think.

What does it means that of: Positive 2.00 for IgM ?? Its not specific right?

So the biochemical will make a IgM specific test, can i trust in this new test? Im really confused because im igg negative, thanksss
Tags: Herpes, hvs, hvs1, hvs2, igg, igm
WAY PAST TIME TO BE WORRYING ABOUT HERPES!!!!  really, you are testing negative, stop wasting your time and money.

herpes igm testing isn't accurate. a + igm at this point is meaningless.

if you can't move forward from your encounter in january, seek out therapy for your anxiety.

grace
Thanks for the quick answer Grace! So the most probable thing is that igm are a false positive and not the igg a false negative? I should do it again for more security or its over? No clear Sympthoms
you have no reason to test again. move forward from this encounter.
Ok thanks, so the igg values wont increase? i have RP 0.02 for type 1 and for type 2: < 0.50
both say non reactive
Hi grace so i post it here:

First test: (BLOOD) Antibodies. HSV-1 IGG: NON REACTIVE HSV-2 IGG: NON REACTIVE

HSV ANTIBODIES IGM I AND II: POSITIVE 2.00

So i repeated because they told me that igm could be a false positive and also i wasnt exposed in the last months, i tested because a prostitute gave me oral sex in january (No sympthoms).

Half an hour ago i received the second igg test and on tuesday they will give me the igm test because i repeated it too.

SECOND TEST: (blood) ANTIBODIES HERPES SIMPLE 1 IGG: POSTIVE 1.6

AND FOR HERPES 2: NEGATIVE.

I DONT KNOW. THE FIRST TEST IT WAS FROM An OLD BLOOD DRAWN because it was saved from an hepatitis test thay i´ve taken in the same lab 15 days ago and they told me it was useful for the new test. The second one they took my blood on tuesday and today they gave me the results.
Sorry if i write bad or something, im so nervousssss, wtfffff.
If i belive to the tests it may be a recent infection, but i cant imagine a risk in this 3 months. The last mouth kiss was on june-july. then nothing just meeting people.
hard to tell if you were infected in july or not. even the best blood tests still miss 1 out of every 10 hsv1 infections so narrowing down if this is new or not isn't easy.

i have like some pain inside my mouth but they told me that herpes infection usually affects outside near the lip, so idk if its herpes, dont think so. I will go with a doctor, but the true thing its that i have herpes i dont know if genitally or orally
usually recurrences of herpes aren't inside the mouth.  

no reason to think your hsv1 is genital.