Sound like prostatitis?

I had a relatively risky (protected vaginal, protected anal, unprotected oral sex) sexual encounter close to eight weeks ago. A couple days later, I felt a burning in the area of my urethra just behind my intreameatus -- and my intrameatus as well. Additionally, the area around the urethral opening of my penis was red.

The redness and burning lessens when I do not ejaculate (up to now, this has been limited to masturbation). It increases immediately after I ejaculate. Urination causes no burning or pain. Urinalysis revealed no bacterial growth.

An ultrasound of my abdomen revealed a large amount of 'white' around my prostate, which my doctor identified as an infection; thus, I've been on levofloxacin (Tavanic) for close to six weeks now. The burning has generally lessened over time; at first, and for several weeks, if I sat up straight the burning in my urethra would increase, and if I lay down it decreased and eventually disappeared. Now the burning is only present for a few hours after ejaculation, and it is much, much less noticeable.

I was placed on Famvir, which is an antiviral for herpes, at 750/mg a day for 7 days. This did not alleviate my symptoms. Three weeks later I was placed on 1g/day for 5 days of Valtrex. This also did not alleviate my symptoms.

Nevertheless, my doctor is convinced it's herpes? I display no sores, lesions, blisters, etc. Am I in denial or is he wrong? The symptoms above are all I've listed. Does this sound like prostatitis? I know that only a blood test in another month or two would be truly definitive re: herpes, but... I would like some input on the prostate front, so to speak.

Thank you for your help.
why does your doctor believe this is herpes? did he give you any sort of explanation?
symptoms don't match herpes, you haven't had a positive test for it (swab or blood test). there's no reason for a herpes diagnosis.
I don't think it's herpes, no; but I'm more interested in what it IS rather than what it ISN'T.

I did receive a blood test two weeks after the symptoms appeared; the IGG antibody test was negative.

Thanks though!