Spider / Mosquito Bite on Head of Penis
I just recently returned from a sailing trip throughout the greek isles.  On my last day there (3 days ago) I woke up with nearly 10 insect bites, i dont know if they are spider or mosquito, up and down my legs and upper thigh.  2 days ago I noticed an inflamed bump on the head of my penis, right below my urethral opening.  There feels to be a solid bump inside and it does not hurt unless aggravated.  My girlfriend and I have been having unprotected sex and neither of us have a past or current case of an STD.  I have been putting anti-biotic ointment on it periodically and was curious if there is something I should be concerned about or something I should do.  I have some Mupirocin ointment that I could also use.  Thank you...
ACKJC here again,

I was just taking a hot shower and a white surface appeared over top the red spot.  After trying to feel the consistency, the white layer fell off and i was left with an exposed scab.  It was not bleeding but was moist, i put Mupirocin and a bandage on it....I am freaking out that it is herpes but I cant see how it could be....