Herpes Community
Spit on Penis for lubrication

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Spit on Penis for lubrication

I recently was with someone who I did not have any intercourse with or mout to genital contact, but did have penis between breast friction.  for this, she spit on my penis for lubrication.  Should i be worried about any form of disease from this activity?? the spitting happened so quickly, it was actually unavoidable.  ???
This is a low risk activity.  Really unless you get some symptoms to suggest otherwise I would move on.  Spit isn't the best place for HSV to live.  
really? cuz my thought have been insane ever since...even if the spitter had some form of STD?? it still cannot be passed?
thanks again...
Spit is inefficient way of transmitting dieses.  Think of it this way the spit you have is pretty neat.  For example if you think you are going to throw up or feel like it your body starts to salivate more heavely this is to protect the teeth from the acid in your stomach.  Also spit helps break down food and other items.  So its not this great and wealthy area for all STD's to be in.  

I won't speak for other STD's because really this isn't the place for all the other STD's.  But HSV is a skin-to-skin virus.  It doesn't live long outside of the body. Low risk doesn't mean no risk just means it is low.  I don't think I have heard or the experts have heard of someone getting an STD from spit.  At this point if you haven't had any symptoms in 3 weeks I would say its time to think otherwise.  You have not much to worry about here.  Get some sane thoughts.  Think of eating ice cream and cake.  It always helps me.