Herpes Community
Suppresive Therapy isn't working
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Suppresive Therapy isn't working

I finally got on Acyclovir 400mg 2X a day and it's been three weeks or so. I have hsv 1 and 2 but only have outbreaks down below. I still am not cleared up and it's driving me crazy. I have a partner and we use female condoms when necissary and regular ones otherewise but I can't completely relax because I'm so worried about him getting it. So we often obstain. What else can I do to make this go away. Does smoking and alchohol effect outbreaks?

Thanks
Tags: Herpes
Related Discussions
Rode,
I have been told by the doctor that the best thing to do to combat outbreaks is to not smoke and take care of your health.  I am a smoker and am trying to quit, but it has been hard. I am down to about one per day.  I also like to drink with friends but ahve tried to cut down on that too, but it is also hard. The smoking is harder but becomes easier if i am not drinking.  Try to maybe get a women's multi vitamin, eat right, excercise. I also heard many people in different H forums talk about Garlic oil, and many other natural things that can help boost your immune system.  The best thing to do is take care of your body.  I am new at this, but thought I could throw in a bit that i do know.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...