Systemic HSV-1?
I have been diagnosed with genital HSV-1. Since it is HSV-1, is it in my bloodstream and is it possible that I have oral HSV-1 simply by default since HSV-1 is typically oral? I have not had an oral outbreak. I am concerned about transmitting oral HSV-1 to my partner's genitals through oral sex. Bottom line: If I have genital HSV-1, is it possible that I automatically have oral HSV-1?
we only have a few studies on this. the ones we have showed that anywhere from 1/24- 2/3's of folks who have hsv1 genitally, also have it orally. without any obvious cold sores, no easy ( or cheap ) way to know if you only have it genitally or not.

My recommendations always are, discuss this with your partner. if your partner is also hsv1+, it's not an issue. if your partner is hsv1 negative, decide together if it's worthwhile only having protected oral sex or not just in case you do have it in both locations.

Not great answers I know but best anyone can do for you since most folks who have hsv1 orally, don't get obvious cold sores to know it. Also it wouldn't be that hsv1 was in your blood stream and went to the oral area, it would've been infection in the oral area from kissing the person you were with.

grace