Test results .1 3 months after possible exposure now having symptoms
After I began dating a new girl I was tested for STDs because I had unprotected sex 3 months earlier. All came back negative including herpes which was .1 (< .89 was a negative result). After a night of rough intercourse I received a couple of minor tears on my penis. They started to heal but before they did we had sex again which was painful due to the reopening of the wounds. The next morning the cuts were swollen and I had developed bumps around the base of my penis and pubic area . I proceeded to get swollen in that general area and of course it hurt. I went to the urologist who said one of the bumps could be herpetic and had me tested. He has been terrible at getting back to me and its dragged on for two weeks now.

My girlfriend was tested a couple weeks prior with negative results. I don't know whats going on.

My question is... due to her negative results and my low negative results 3 months after the possible exposure what are my odds that the new test will come back positive?

Thanks for any help no matter how brief.
if you tested negative for herpes and your gf was properly tested and also came back negative, unlikely this is herpes going on. The reason I say unlikely instead of definitely not is because even the best blood tests still miss 1 out of every 10 hsv1 infections so sometimes you can still have that and not test accurately for it.  did your doctor offer any other suggestions as to what could be going on?

grace
Hi Grace,

He said it could be Molluscum Contagiosum, but after my research it doesn't appear to me that that's the case. I thought it might be a yeast infection because I've been taking antibiotics for my skin for a while now and I read it makes me more susceptible to those kinds of infections.

I know I can get false negative but I've read that after 3 months the odds are low. Given my very low antibody count I thought that may be even more true.

Even if herpes had stayed dormant for 3 months and gave me a false negative wouldn't it at least show more of a immune system response in way of the antibody count. IE .7<.89 as opposed to .1.

Thank you for responding.
when the herpes igg results are negative, the actual numeric results are actually meaningless.  You could give two blood tests at the same lab at the same time and they could run the test together and you could get a .2 on one and a .9 on the other. It has to do with the way the test is ran, not your bodies response to infection.

at this point I recommend seeing a dermatologist. urologists are more for "plumbing" issues than they are rashes.