Herpes Community
Tested negative at 9 weeks for herpes hsv1 and 2

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

A stripper licked the head of me penis for all of 30 seconds. Is it possible for herpes? I tested negative at 9 weeks for all std's but have a dull pain in left armpit and a stabbing pain in my left lower abdomen, though no noticeable swelling. I have also had tingling all over body, but again, may have been in my head. I have never had any of these symptoms before so I doubt it is coincedental. I haven't had any lesions or anything like that since exposure. Of course, I have talked myself into herpes in my mind. Any thoughts?
that brief of contact isn't a real risk for anything.  I certainly wouldn't think that you contracted herpes from it, your symptoms don't sound like herpes and I wouldn't bother with more herpes testing.

grace
Sorry for the follow up. My doctor tested me at three weeks exposure and the tests came back negative. He never told me there is a follow up window and that testing is not conclusive after that 3 week test.
(I understand that testing is imperfect but it is more like 12-16 weeks is better) Anyway, after the three week test, I had sex with my wife not knowing any better. I am so scared that she may have gotten hsv from me and I cannot tell her yet because there is nothing she can do until symptoms on her appear or don't. That will be the end of my marriage for sure. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? I am stressing out. I was so ignorant and never knew herpes could be passed by skin to skin contact.

I felt ok until this past Saturday when my left inguinal node was swollen and my left armpit felt funny. I have had upper back pain by sscapula for weeks. I was attributing armpit pain to that. Today I am noticing itching on buttocks and weird feeling ion penis, but no lesions still. Just a dark purple line on my inner thigh and a dark line on my penis shaft. Any ideas? I am following up with my doctor tomorrow but would appreciate any advice or questions to ask doc? Thanks.
nothing you've mentioned sounds like herpes. since you tested negative for herpes at the 3 week mark, no reason to be thinking herpes at this point. odds are you would've had very obvious symptoms within 3 weeks of being infected since you tested negative.
It will be 12 weeks post exposure tomorrow. I was going to wait to get tested until 16 weeks. I tested negative at 9 weeks.

I have not had classic lesions as of yet, but I had a bad episode two weeks ago where I had stabbing pains in my abdomen, my buttocks and genitals were burning badly and I was nauseous. These symptoms, but for the abdominal pain, lasted a day and then subsided. I have also had tinitis for weeks. Two days ago, I started to get a stiff neck, which has since subsided. In the past 6 weeks or so, I have had tingling/burning in my left armpit. Any suggestions???
you don't need further testing. save your money!!!