Herpes Community
Tingling in genital area after unprotected sex with woman

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I had unprotected sex with woman on 09/05 had herpes test done on 09/26 negetive all, Type specific test. Still feeling the constant tingling down my legs and Inner thighs. No lesions. Is it possible to still have herpes? I am going to get tested again In 12/05. Thank you
Bump
It's not herpes. Herpes can give you a tingling sensation right before an outbreak but it's not going to give you weeks of continuous tingling. It is safe to say you do NOT have herpes from what you described!
Update genital area and penis shaft tingling still and if I don't drink a lot of water pee smells like ammonia and burns very uncomfortable. Herpes ruled out but what could possibly be?
Sounds like you're turning into a cat. :)  I think your sensations are all created in your head and you are so focused on this that you are creating your own sensations. Sounds crazy but trust me, this is something more of the people on this board are experiencing. If you look for a tingle, your brain will produce one because you are expecting it. If you are this concerened and can't sleep, you should go see a doctor.
:) thanks for the information. I went to my doc 2x he didn't give me anything after I was given SMZ/TMP DS 800 to take for 7 days. That was on 09/05. The strange sensations started on 09/26 haven't stopped since then. I am going back again but hearing this makes me feel a little better but still having that burning when peeing without drinking a lot of water.
Just found out about NGU. Do u think that if I had sex during that seven day period would that be the cause of the slight burning when my pee isn't diluted with water?
Are you having any sort of weird penile discharge?
No none at all
You have nothing. I am sorry to say that you are perfectly fine. I say that because I don't think anything I am going to say or even a Doctor will make you feel any better. The doubt will keep you awake at night wondering if something was missed. You are perfectly fine and if you keep harping on this, you will get yourself sick over it. You're fine
your herpes testing was done far too early after your encounter. you need to wait at least 3 months for herpes igg blood testing to be accurate.

did you also cover your other bases - chlamydia, ngu, trich and gonorrhea?  

you also have to wait at least 6 weeks for syphilis testing to be accurate as well as we still recommend 3 months for hiv and hepatitis testing too.

is it likely you've been walking around with prodromal symptoms of herpes for this long without having obvious lesions appear? no it is not. it really is likely these pains you are having aren't herpes related at all but certainly cover your bases properly since you had unprotected sex.

grace
Appreciate your quick responses and direct answering. The mind is a powerful thing.....I thank you again for ur assistance with me
Okay so herpes test was done too soon figured that... And what do u think the tingling in genital area would be if herpes has been ruled out? Also on 09/05 I was diagnosed with a uti from hospital ER and was given the SMZ/TMP 800 pills for 7 days but I had sex before I was finished with it the my girl had bv and yeast at the same time but she was finishing with hers.... Now I still had slight burning when I don't drink a lot of water and some slight tingling and itching in the boxer short area. My doctor told me to use cream for 1% hydrocortisone, nothing for the burning. And yes clean for clam n gon, don't know about trich or NGU. Hospital did a culture swab and normal. Oh vey
Bump
Bump
many things can cause tingling - even just sitting in the wrong chair or in too tight of pants.   at this point you've covered the usual bases.  continue to follow up on your symptoms as needed. this isn't a herpes issue - you would've had obvious lesions by now and even without treatment the tingling would've stopped by now.