Herpes Community
Tingling sensation feeling??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Tingling sensation feeling??

How long after you start to feel a tingling sensation feeling in your genital area does an outbreak occur??  Also what is the different between having the Herpes 1 in your genital area than having Herpes 2 in the area??  Thanks
usually a day or two.

did you ever follow up on this as we discussed in your previous post on your situation?

grace
yes I got tested and am waiting for the results.
I actually got the results back and I got tested for everything and it all came back negative but since it was so soon after my encounter I am still a little worried.  Here are my symptoms...a little tingling, some red irritation on the the ridge of my penis and a slight burning when I urinate but not very uncomfortable. It goes away soon.  I have had it before.  Any ideas what it could be??    
Also, forgot to mention I got all blood test done.  Igg for herpes.  It wasent a culture test.  Since it was so recent, is it impossible for the test to find the virus or is it just a possibility that the virus was not detected.  Thanks
far too early for herpes igg blood testing to detect a newly acquired infection if I recall from your other post.

they did urine testing too?
yes it happened over three weeks ago.  So there is no way it would come up positive even if I did have it??  Yes they also did urine test too.  What does that mean??
was just wondering if they did urine testing for your burning during urination that's all.  

if you had active symptoms they could culture them but it doesn't sound like your symptoms are herpes related.
I went to a doctor and they said it doesnt look like herpes at this point.  There is still red rashes around the ridge of my penis.  It has been like this going on a week.  the doctor gave me a steroid to take and some cream to put on the rash.  I notice some of the rash has left but not all of it.  it is still annoying and burns a little.  My question is if it is herpes symptoms how long would it stay there without turning into blisters??  Are herpe symptoms just red rashes that don't break out??  Is there any tests that could be taken that would verify that I do have it if there are no open blisters??  I have tested negative twice so far with the blood tests.
blood testing is your only option without obvious symptoms. you need to wait at least 3 months post encounter for your blood tests to be accurate.
Im sure I have it.  Theres no other reason this would happen.  Im stressed about it but theres nothing I can do now.  Would a possible sympton be red dots on my stomach  and chest region.  Im just trying to put stuff together.  I went to the beach and got sun burned.  I was inching my stomach area and chest because of the dead skin and thought I caused red scratches because of it but now that I think I have herpes maybe it was an early symptom.  Is it??
There is plenty of reasons.  You should go to the doctor have them culture the dots and see what happens.  Follow up with a blood test to confirm it.  But there are other reasons one can have red dots on them.  
if you want, I could easily convince you that you have at least 5 other issues going on at the moment. you really don't have any reason to keep thinking this is herpes going on.

no, chest and stomach rashes aren't likely to be due to herpes either.  
Thanks for the answers.  But this has never happened before and it just seems like the reason because of my experience and the symptoms.After receiving unprotected oral and having protected sex in which the condom came off I started experiencing symptoms.  Red rash on my penis, slight burning when urinating, discharge from my anus region, and red dots or rashes on my stomach and chest area that have since disappeared. I have tested twice through blood test and it has been negative.  Here is something else I have thought about.  Before I engaged in the sexual situation I went to the beach where it is possible that I  on my pengot swimsuit burn on my penis from it rubbing on my swimsuit.  She did give me unprotected oral.  Having this burn would make the transmission more possible.
There is also redness around the tip.  Can't tell if it is sores or not.  If there are then they are to small to notice.  Just seems red but I am not sure
continue to follow up with your providers as needed. this still doesn't sound like genital herpes going on.
Does having symptoms usually lead to an outbreak or is it very common to have some symptoms and never have a outbreak?? Thanks
Not on an inital outbreak.  
so your saying during an initial outbreak symptoms are usually are followed by an outbreak??
There is no prodom in inital outbreak.  You typically have the full symptoms including a blisters and so forth.  While each person is different you need to keep working with your provider.  
what is the average a first outbreak will last without proper medication?? Is it longer then a reoccurring??   The reason I am asking because as of now the symptoms that I listed have been fading.  There redness is still there but not as much as it was and the slight burning is also going away.  its still there a little bit.  
it varies from person to person but 2-3 weeks is average.

if you continue to have symptoms or develop new ones, see your provider. really nothing else we can add at this point and you'll never figure out if it's herpes or not by trying to compare your symptoms to typical herpes symptoms. your symptoms don't really sound like herpes but for peace of mind, follow up with testing at the appropriate time.
Here is the lastest with me.  The rashes I described or skin irritation went away even though the skin does look a little irritated there is no pain, itchiness or anything.  But..in between the rashes on the ridge of my penis a new rash or skin irritation has appeared.  This one does have a uncomfortable feeling to it.  It feels like what the other ones did.  My question, if you have herpes is it common for the first outbreak to go away and then reappear in a different place soon after it cleared up??  Thanks
Okay you keep asking for us to give you info on these rashes.  Let's find out if its herpes first.  Get the rash cultured first then come back when you have the results.  Until then not much we can do here.  
theres not open sore or anything so I don't think there is anyway to get it cultured.  If its not herpes what are some other things it can be?
Herpes doesn't require the sore to be fluid filled or open to be cultured.  The virus is on the skin.  
if you have symptoms, be seen. really nothing else we can help you with at this point.