Herpes Community
Tiny ulcer like things on labia majora?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Tiny ulcer like things on labia majora?

About five days ago I noticed a bump that looked like a bite with a sort of flat white head on it, that i scraped with my nail thinking i could remove it - i also tried to pop it but i don't think either of these had any affect
Just now I decided to see if it had gone down and it has, although now there are five other tiny little ulcers, a lot smaller than the main one which is about the width of a pencil eraser but definitely not the full size, it's an irregular shape
the others are really small dots basically but they look like ulcers, it's strange
there are also two others on the same lip a little way away
none of these are particularly painful and i've only just become aware of them - they were more uncomfortable than anything and now i'm aware of it i think i'm imagining them to be uncomfortable
as for my sex life, i've only ever been with one guy, for two and a half years, and we were both virgins before that
i have no other symptoms associated with herpes (fever, swelling, discharge etc) which is why i don't think that's it, i think perhaps it could have something to do with me changing from using relatively mild shower gel to soap? the soap had been left out for like literally a year just sitting in my bathroom untouched
is this possible?
i'm currently on my period so there's no way i could go to the doctor to get a culture swab, but also my parents don't know i'm having sex so it'd be a very difficult thing to explain to them as to why i want to go - they're very nosy
any help you could give me would be much appreciated :)
you can still be seen even though you have your period.   go monday for a proper exam and better answers.

even though you were both virgins, your partner could've had hsv1 orally and transmitted it to you.  since symptoms have been there for a few days, too late for a lesion culture to be done but a proper exam and also testing for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally is helpful as well as a swab of symptoms for bacteria if your provider thinks it's a skin infection.

grace
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers