Herpes Community
Told I have herpes but negative test results?!
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Told I have herpes but negative test results?!

Hi everybody, I really need some advice :(. In June I had a one night stand with a guy, we had sex twice but only used a condom once. A few days later I developed spots on my genitals and it was very sore. I went to my local doctors and saw a nurse who examined me and said she believed I had caught herpes and gave me medication and referred me to a sexual health clinic to get tested. When I attended the clinic the nurse examined me and also said it looks like herpes but she took a swab of inside my vagina and took some blood to check for all std's. A week or so later I received a text message with my results saying that ALL of my test results were negative. Have the nurses just jumped to conclusions about it being herpes and was it just a rash or allergic reaction to the condom or something or has something gone wrong with the test results?! Some advice desperately needed so any suggestions welcome!! Thanks in advance x
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Also since my initial symptoms in June I haven't had any other indications at all that I could have herpes, never had an outbreak or even tingling or anything. X
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
at this point, it's best to seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test and go from there.

if you had a newly acquired genital herpes infection, it wouldn't have been reflected on igg blood testing yet. if you had started herpes antivirals prior to your lesion culture, that can cause a false negative culture too.  

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank