Herpes Community
Transmission Risk from Sex Three Times With Same Person?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Sorry for the length in advance:

HI. I have read almost all the posts about transmission during a year long relationship. What about having three sexual encounters within a month with the same person?

Condoms were used, a condom broke once (and he did ejacuate inside of me), and I do believe during the first encounter (Round 2 or 3 of sex), a condom may not have been used. It was morning sex and I was foggy. The first day of sex was Dec. 21, the second day was Dec. 27, and the third day was Dec. 30, all in 2012. I felt some pain after sex, but I felt like it was due to the type of condom or his large penis size. Also, he used condoms too small for his size and the base of his penis could not be covered. I did talk to him about that already...

I haven't noticed any odor or discharge, but for about a week or two, I've experienced sharp pains at the entrance to my vagina. It's not constant, just a few times a day. The pain will subside when I take 2-6 acidophilus pills in a day (I only have to take about 2-4 a day now). The pain isn't bad enough to warrant an expensive trip to the ER, thus why I'm waiting for the GYN. I've been constantly reading forums, the Herpes Handbook, Web MD, looking at herpes images, and checking my genitals at least once every day. I have no tingling or itching or burning. Today I did notice a small crack in my skin on the far outer labium majora. At the bottom of the labium minor, if I stretch the skin I can see very small bumps, but I know these bumps also naturally cover the vaginal skin and are usually just part of its texture. They do not look like blisters and are not red. These bumps may very well have been here all along (and I can only see them if I put a light up to my vagina AND stretch the skin), but I'm in a current freak-out phase.

It's been 3 weeks since sex with said guy that I was/am seeing. Last week we did fool around and he fingered me after touching his penis, but there was no vaginal intercourse. So, it's been a week since we last had that fingering contact. too.

I have an appointment scheduled with the GYN next week, which is the first available appointment. Till then I'm freaking out. I don't know how to approach him and ask him if he has herpes or anything else. I was tested IGG for herpes and was negative prior to contact with him.

So, based on our sex three times and having sex multiple times during those three encounters (let's say, three times for two sexual encounters and one time for one sexual encounter- very accurate) and using a condom every time except once, then having the condom break once...what are the odds of contracting herpes in this scenario?

Thank you so much for your time and any help would be greatly appreciated!!
You didn't already discuss std testing and precautions to know if he gets tested routinely for std's, uses condoms regularly or has any std that he's aware of? that's something that should be done prior to ever having sex along with discussing birth control too.   If you haven't already discussed all this, certainly the time to do so. Let him know that you've been experiencing a few things and have an appointment scheduled.  Also have you both had your gardasil shots for hpv?

does this sound like herpes going on? No it does not. really, call off the crotch watch too - not worth constantly inspecting your genital area and it irritates it more.

be careful with how many acidophilus tablets you are taking. Not all are effective for the genital area anyways ( not sure what you are talking ) as well as you can actually cause an overgrowth of the "good" bacteria by taking too many.  

stop back after your appointment and let us know how it went for you :)

grace

grace
also most folks never get herpes testing as part of their routine std testing. You'll both have to check to see if it was ever part of your testing.
Thank you so much and I'll keep you updated after my appointment. I really appreciate the advice.