Herpes Community
TriCare and STD's - cancellation?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

TriCare and STD's - cancellation?

I've had HSV2 for nearly 35 years. I know everything about it when it comes to me and my body. I recently started dating a guy who is retired military. When asked, I told him about this. He said that his primary care physician told him that he would lose his medical insurance if he had sex with someone who had a pre existing condition. With HSV as common as it is, can this be true?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1415046551
Hi kinda makes sense. You can get a copy of his insurance booklet and find out for sure. Maybe its on line also.
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
will contracting herpes cause you to lose insurance? no it will not.  if it did, hardly any of us would have insurance!!  thanks to obamacare, companies can't even charge us extra for having a chronic condition like hsv2 :)

I think this fellow was trying to take a nicer way of saying he couldn't take the risk of herpes :(  

a male partner has a 4% risk /year of contracting hsv2 from you if all you do is avoid sex during any obvious symptoms. if you take daily suppressive therapy and also use condoms properly, his risk is 1%/year.  knowing you have herpes actually reduces his risk.  even with all that, some partners aren't willing to take the risk.

grace
Blank
Hi grace, just in regards to your last comment on this post, if female too male transference can get as low as 1% per year with daily antivirals and the use of condoms as well as having intecoourse outside of recurrence times. How low is the percentage per year of transference from male too female per year under the same boundaries? I.e. Male with hsv2 taking daily antivirals and using a condom whenever having sex and abstaining from intercourse when symptoms/sores are present?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank