Two Partners Both With Positive ImG Test Results
Having read everything there is to read about the Igg/Img pros and cons; and also realizing that the Img is a very unreliable exam, here is my question:

1) Two partners, one gets tested about the same time and they are both tested positive for HSV2 based on the Img exam. Is it possible that in cases like this its easy to assume that there's been HSV spread? I mean if one of us had a positive and the other didn't then I would say ya it makes sense that its a bogus test result and just wait for the 3 months to get another Igg exam. But please answer the accuracy ratio of an Img exam especially with the odds of both partners testing positive.

Honestly you can't ascertain anything from a + igm. At this point you both should be getting igg blood tests if you haven't already.  did you have them?

grace
Yes, assuming we did and they both came back positive for HSV1, but negative for HSV2. All we can do is wait for 2 months and get them again to see if the infection is real or not.
But my concern is more with the odds, being that the igm came back positive for both of us, shouldn't it be an idication that somethings wrong.
I haven't gotten cold sores in years, but he gets them all the time on his lips and we are very careful about contact or kissing while he has a cold sore active.

What I'm getting at is the bracing for a positive igg test result for HSV2, based on not one but two positive results on igm, what are the odds?

unless either of you have had other partners within the last 3 months or so, no reason for more testing.   hsv2 isn't in the relationship unless one of you have had a partner in the last 3 months.  

this is exactly why the igm test for herpes shouldn't be ordered. it's giving you both false positives and it's giving you far more stress than it's worth. Your providers need to educate themselves more on herpes blood testing and get more up to date.

grace