Herpes Community
Ulcer on upper gums

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Ulcer on upper gums

Ok so I had sex on the 1st of this month. I didn't kiss her below the waist, there was mouth kissing, used a strap-on on her and I received oral sex. Around the 9th of the month, although weather was bad and I was caught outside, I started to get a sore throat. Which then developed into sinus pressure, sore throat, congestion, fatigue, cough. On the 13th I saw a bruise on my gum and the next day a canker like sore appeared. Bright red, whitish center, small and sore.  It was tender, by sunday it started to heal. It was on the upper right gum. I went to the ob/gyn and she barely looked and from afar. She said it was a cold sore. She didn't even get a close look. I went to the dentist and they said it was most likely a canker sore more than a cold sore, but they were unsure because of the location. I took the hsv 1 and 2 igg test, waiting on the results, but I know it's probably too early to test. The person I was with said she had no history of cold sores or canker sores. But this sore is really random. Since it might be symptoms when should I test? How likely could catching this be from what I did? Can you catch hsv from receiving oral sex and having the symptoms show up orally on me? Would the first outbreak be one  sore on the gums that starts to heal within 7-10 days? What should information should I know about my particular situation? Could I have caught it years ago and it's just now showing up?
you already paid to ask this in the experts forum. wait for your reply there and get your money's worth :)