Unanswered Questions....
Hello everyone!! Just joined this group today and I am wondering if anyone has some answers for me, my doctor never returns my calls...I was diagnosed in October 2012 with genital herpes, had the "flu" symptoms with pain in the genital area, my dr has me on Flavicor and since October I have had 2 other outbreaks, now my questions are Is it possible my partner from 13 yrs ago infected me? He was not faithful. If he did infect me is it possible for herpes to remain dormant for 13 yrs? I have a 17month old son that I am so afraid I passed it on to, everytime he gets diaper rash I freak out and I am sweating bullets thinking he has it...I know I shouldn't waste my time in thinking how I got it but I do cuz it can be devastating, my husband fully supports me in this and we have been ok with the diagnois, I just need some help figuring on the dormancy period of herpes, I just don't understand it. Any help is so appreciated xo
what testing did you have done? do you have hsv1 or hsv2?

has your current partner been tested to know his status yet?

grace