Aa
A
A
Close
Understand IgG test results
I recently got tested for all the major STDs, because my doctor believed I had chlamydia. I had an itchy sensation in what seemed to me my urethra, and sometimes a strong burning sensation when I peed. The doctor was quite sure thats what it was, but I chose to get all the tests, just for peace of mind. Interestingly, chlamydia showed up negative, but a I got a positive result for HSV-2. The last time I had done all the tests, a bit over a year ago I had no positive responses on any.

The HSV-2 test I took is called an HSV-2 IgG Antibodies test, it seems. Though I am living in Costa Rica and that is translated from Spanish. The result shows a 1:320, supposedly indicated a immunological memory, or evidence of a past infection. I have not been able to find much information online about those results, as it seems many of the other tests use a different scoring system.

I have never had any lesions that Ive noticed, though I have had the itching/burning sensation. And since Ive seen the results Ive felt more tingling sensations around the groin area, however they seemed to start after seeing the results, and I wonder if it can be psychological?  

Is it possible to have a false negative? Or is it possible that I got infected as some point in the last year, without having any symptoms? I am wondering if I need to contact all my previous partners to let them know?

I would love to hear from anyone who can help understand the results??
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
I'm sorry but not much I can help you with with your results since you aren't in the US. I suggest finding a support group in your country to see if someone there can help you with the results.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank