Unprotected Sex With Someone That Has Herpes But is Not Flared Up
Can someone roughly give me the chances or percent of a male (me) contracting genital herpes from having unprotected sex with someone that is taking medication for their herpes and does not have a current flair up.  Like a complete idiot I had unprotected sex with a woman last night that has herpes but has only had one flair up in the past 20 years and takes medication to keep it under control.  The flair up she had was about a year ago, but right now things are under control and there are no herpes legions present.  What are my chances of contracting this disease after last night's stupid mistake?  Thank you.
Unfortunately the risk was there,however the fact that she is on Suppressive Therapy and no outbreak was present also the length of time she has had HSV2 I imagine the risk would lower than in other circumstances,but it would be worth getting tested at a later date.

Daisy
ok thanks, any other responses be much appreciated.  would love to hear from a doctor.
The Dr.s will probably give you the same information, but if you would like to get an answer from a Dr, the STD forum has 2 Docs that answer questions.
There is a $15.00 fee to ask a question, but if you want to speak to a Doc, thats how to do it.
You don't need to post this yourself - just read through the forum.

We can't put a number on a one time encounter, but the chances of you getting it from her are very low.

Aj