Herpes Community
Unprotected sex during an outbreak
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unprotected sex during an outbreak

Hi, I need some help with the likelihood of contracting herpes during an outbreak. My fiance and I had unprotected sex last night, and when we were finished, I noticed he was having an outbreak. He swears up and down he told me the night before, so he thought I was ok with it. I am very upset about the whole thing, but basically my question is this: What are my chances of getting herpes now that I have been exposed during an outbreak? Thank you for your time!
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm no expert, but after doing my own research to educate myself, there isnt any guarantee that you will get it, however the chances are greatly raised during an outbreak.

Blank
I'm just wondering how much more likely it is. Like is it almost 100% that I'll contract it? Or is it only a 50/50 chance? I just want to know if I should expect to get it and plan accordingly.
Blank
Honestly there arent any exact figures. Its like trying to predict the weather in my opinion.
But like I said, intercourse during an outbreak yields the highest chance of getting as opposed to when the virus is dormant
Blank
101028 tn?1419606604
having sex during active symptoms is a very high risk for contracting it. at this point nothing you can do but just wait and see. should you develop any symptoms in the genital area in the next 2-20 days, be seen promptly for proper diagnosis and treatment.  

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank
Fleetwood20