Unprotected sex during an outbreak
Hi, I need some help with the likelihood of contracting herpes during an outbreak. My fiance and I had unprotected sex last night, and when we were finished, I noticed he was having an outbreak. He swears up and down he told me the night before, so he thought I was ok with it. I am very upset about the whole thing, but basically my question is this: What are my chances of getting herpes now that I have been exposed during an outbreak? Thank you for your time!
I'm no expert, but after doing my own research to educate myself, there isnt any guarantee that you will get it, however the chances are greatly raised during an outbreak.

I'm just wondering how much more likely it is. Like is it almost 100% that I'll contract it? Or is it only a 50/50 chance? I just want to know if I should expect to get it and plan accordingly.
Honestly there arent any exact figures. Its like trying to predict the weather in my opinion.
But like I said, intercourse during an outbreak yields the highest chance of getting as opposed to when the virus is dormant
having sex during active symptoms is a very high risk for contracting it. at this point nothing you can do but just wait and see. should you develop any symptoms in the genital area in the next 2-20 days, be seen promptly for proper diagnosis and treatment.  

grace