Herpes Community
Unsure of current ob burning with urination for 9 days

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I have been experiencing a burning sensation when I pee for the last week and a half. Originally thought since I had no promdrol symptoms that it was a uti as I am also prone to those. I was diagnosed with herpes by swab of lesion exactly a year ago and all outbreaks have had promdrol symptoms. After antibiotics (from a walk in clinic) the pain was still there I went to my dr who said it was an ob. She said there was a lesion on my urethra. I can't see any lesion. I have been on antivirals for 9 days now with little to no improvement on the burning. Which makes me think how can this be an ob?  I see her On Wednesday and will as for a swab of whatever lesion she thinks is there that I can't see.  I am just wondering wldnt the antivirals have at least stopped the burning by now? And this is a strange ob as well as an unusually long one. Somedays it's not burning as badly when I pee but then I wake up the next morning and whatever improvement I felt the day before is gone and I am back to the pain. Can you share some insight for me please? I am confused and frustrated that this will not go away and I can't perform a normal bodily function without pain searing through me.
far, far too late to swab anything there. It's been too long time wise as well as you took a round of antivirals. don't even waste your time with a lesion culture at this point.

is it likely this is herpes? no it is not. Your herpes would've cleared on its own by now even without antivirals.  

are you male or female? ( I never trust icon choice )

grace

I am female, it's going on three weeks now. When I went to the gyno he said it was a vaginal yeast infection and to treat with diflucan. But that hasn't stopped the burning. That's my only symptom (the burning when I pee), so now I think I am in the wrong forum bc he said that he saw no signs of any pervious lesion as stated by my gp. Thanks you for your response grace and is there another forum you can suggest I take this too?
I'd actually just keep going back to the gyn weekly as needed for your symptoms. did they do urine testing since you are still having pain with urination?
I did today and he gave me a wash. Says there is no sign of vaginal infection, but possibly something urethral (as that's the only area in pain when I pee). Still it's unusual and it's 3 weeks of this. But he says that he can't swab bc there are already so many types of bacteria it wldnt show us anything further.
herpes ob's in the urethra would've healed on their own by now too.