Herpes Community
Unsure

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Unsure

I was diagnosed with Chlamydia in mid october and received treatment. I have tested negative twice however I still have a tingling sensation in my penis. The meatus/urethral opening is red and there appears to be a single red bump. It doesn't appear to contain fluid and has been present since the initial infection. Is there a chance it could be herpes? There is no lesion, crusting, or open sores present. It is not very painful and no pain occurs with urination. Sensitive is highest after ejaculation. The irritation feeling has not subsided since mid october. I have had urine cultures come back negative for any other infection and there was trace amounts of RBC's in the urine. Is everything normal just prolonged irritation or could it be herpes?
i should also note that HSV blood results showed negative 3 weeks after initial chlamydia. Would this be too soon for the antibodies to appear in the blood?
odds are your bump is normal.

the redness very well could be fungal since you've been on multiple antibiotics now.  

herpes wouldn't cause the symptoms you are having.

you have to wait at least 3 months post encounter for herpes igg blood testing to be accurate. syphilis testing 6 weeks. hiv andhepatitis is also 3 months.

grace
My doctor gave me a fungal cream however there is still irritation in the area. Is there anything that comes to mind what still might be causing this?
sometimes it is just irritation and takes time and tlc to go away.

how long did you apply the antifungal cream?
What are the chances of having an outbreak 2 months after? I went to the doctor and he suspected nothing