Herpes Community
Upset Stomach & Diarrhea-(Herpes)

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Upset Stomach & Diarrhea-(Herpes)

So it has now been 15 days since possible exposure to HSV. It was at an asian massage place. completely protected. Now aside from anxiety, I have come down with a nasty case of "the runs". I also have a couple of faint pink spots on my pelvis. They seem to look like a possible recurrence of GW that i was diagnosed with in Feb. There are two, one was DEFINITELY a wart, small. And they are on both sides of my pelvis. One single spot on each side. So my questions are as follows:
1. is to too soon to get a herpes blood test?
2. is diarrhea (stomach flu) a symptom know to be associated with herpes?
Your diahorrea is most likely due to your high anxiety. If you feel you must test for Herpes I would leave it a couple of weeks longer just to be sure so that your tests are conclusive and you can move on from this.

Daisy  
I had flu like symptons,when i first got herps.The pimple or wart is probably syplis.
thanks Daisy,

the small red dots are already getting smaller and lighter. maybe just abrasions. but judging by the durration of herpes spots looks like i am getting worked up a bit too soon. i was getting really nervous because i was 'going' alot and had chills but no real fever (less than q degree, and i was out the night before drinking and did some blow).  i will get tested and keep a close eye on things and hope for the best. although the flu symptoms are there, other things seem out of sync. . so i will remain hopefully optimistic.

thanks for your feedback.
if you read our read before posting post on this forum, we ask that you keep asking yoru questions in your original post and not keep making a new post with each new question. Thank you for your future cooperation with this since it really does help us to help you better and saves us a heck of a lot of time.

You have not had any signs of herpes.  You had protected sex so it's very unlikely to be syphilis either as was suggested.  If you think your warts are reoccuring, see your provider for prompt and proper treatment.

You sound like you either have a gi bug or your nerves are getting the best of you.  You had very low risk for herpes in the first place - stop thinking that everything means you got herpes.

grace
Sorry if i worked it wrong grace. I thought new symptoms would warrant a new post. I do sincerely appreciate the time you take to make this work.

As you've likely encountered before, i am extremely nervous. I read your post as well and I am the definition of the guy that needs to "put away the industrial spotlight", bc i look about 50 times a day and all it does is irritate things.

Anyway, I guess I am just trying to get real perspective from real people and cut through the rhetoric of all the web sites that don't want to commit to an answer since this seems to be such a vague disease. I am going to the doctors soon to get checked out, and thank you for puttng my mind at ease and putting some perspective on things.  I know my risk is low but anxiety is high and everyone keeps telling me how EXTREMELY contagious it is .. so I panic.

Nonetheless, I will do as was suggested earlier and not make any posts unless things change.

nick