Herpes Community
Vaginal infection? Could this be herpes or other STD? Or a bacterial in...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Vaginal infection? Could this be herpes or other STD? Or a bacterial infection?

I fully intend to go see my doctor monday morning. I am just looking to ease my panic a bit possibly in the meantime.
I first noticed a hard bump, that was only slightly painful when touched under my skin on my labia yesterday in the shower. I thought it was an ingrown hair I tried to squeeze and just irritated it and possibly infected it. My main concern is actually a grouping of white, painless, fairly flat sores I found right next to the entrance to my vagina. My entire left labia is fairly swollen. There is also a strong foul smell. The past few days I have also had fairly bad abdominal and sciatic pain, but sciatic pain is nothing new to me and have experienced it long before I was sexually active. I have not had sex in just over 2 months if that makes a difference.
Does this sound like herpes or syphilis or other STI?
Or more like a bacterial infection?
many things can cause symptoms like this but unfortunately it sometimes takes awhile to figure out what is going on. continue to be seen if symptoms reoccur for further exam.
going to be seen is the best thing to do. they can do an exam and also test you for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally.  if they see anything that looks like herpes, they can do a lesion culture and typing on symptoms.

was your last sex protected? is it a regular partner?

grace
Thank you for replying. My last sexual encounter was August 30th. He is the only person I have been with but I have found out recently he was with a few girls over the summer. Since I posted this I have seen my doctor, she did not think it looked like herpes at all. The herpes test came back negative and a bacterial culture also came back normal. My doctor put me on antibiotics before the culture came back and it has seen to help significantly. By wednesday night all the white ulcers are gone and the one on my labia is in the process of healing. This one was the only one that was painful and I am having trouble healing it due to its positioning, it is constantly getting rubbed and irritated by pants.
I am still nervous that it was a false negative. Would a herpes infection heal this quickly? Within 4 days all the white ones were gone and now a week later all I have is the one that started out as a lump under my skin that I squeezed and played with.
Sorry misread your post. It wasn't protected. Also the herpes test was a culture, not a blood test.
since herpes cultures have a high false negative rate, best to seek out herpes igg blood testing 3 months post encounter to err on the side of caution.

did you cover your other std testing bases too since it was unprotected sex?

Yes everything was tested and everything came out negative. My doctor has no idea what it is.