Aa
A
A
Close
Valacyclovir and IGG results
My encounter was on 3/12, two weeks later, I felt symptoms typical of genital herpes when explained to my dermatologist including fever with pain in the buttock muscles along with burning/tingling, and tiny red papules on the head of the penis. I concurrently had tingling and a irritation in the scrotum. I started immediately taking 3000mg/day of l- lysine and symptoms subsided a week later...no classic sores/blisters. I had multiple folliculitis on the buttocks and thighs.  I ordered Valacyclovir online, and in late April, late May and the first week of July, I had repeat of the symptoms for about a week each time, the last two only involving the scrotum and multiple folliculitis again. In each one of those three minor outbreaks/symptoms, I took Valacyclovir 1000mg twice daily for 5 days (10 tablets each time).

I went by your advice and had a herpes test done exactly 4 months after the encounter on 7/12 and the results were HSV I above 5 (which I had for 10 years) and HSV II 0.26. On the day of the test, I had just got done taking the Valacyclovir for 5 days. I had not stopped taking the l-lysine for the whole period as a precaution and to reduce symptoms/outbreaks although its not proven. My dermatologist  could not verify that the inflamed red papules were classic herpes and in July he said what's in my scrotum looks like a flat reddened area not like a classic looking herpes blister and not like a hemorrhoid although I know herpes can present in many variations.

I understand that my HSVII result is negative, however, my previous results from Mach 2009 using the same lab were HSV I 4.52 and HSV II 0.05.  My specific question is: Is it possible that my diligence in taking three courses of Valacyclovir on the first onset of symptoms on the second, third and fourth outbreak symptoms could have weakened the virus to a point where my immune system did not detect and have to fight; and hence produce any antibodies yet? Or could it be that I have HSV I genitally that I gave to myself masturbating in March after having it orally for 10 years? Im writing this with a mild fever, a very sore lower back/buttocks and the tingly scrotum again which is driving me crazy. I read on here by "grace" that people taking valtrex can have false negatives if they take a IGG blood test too soon or close to valtrex treatments and should wait longer to sereoconvert. What do I do? Do I retest? When? Help!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
wait for your response on the experts forum since you also posted there.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources