Herpes Community
Very concerned about possible herpes diagnosis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

A few weeks ago I was sexually active with a guy, he says he has been tested for everything, including herpes, but about 4-5 days after the encounter I started getting a few bumps, and then they started spreading from my vaginal area down to my buttocks, on both sides. They went away within a week, and maybe a few days after a week, I didn't get any body aches, a very slight headache, I was a bit more tired than usual but nothing horrible, it was slightly uncomfortable to sit down, but again nothing horrible, and it burned to urinate but he was somewhat large so I did have a tear. The blisters never did "burst" they just kind of scabbed up and went away in about a week after they appeared. The cultures all came back negative, but blood tests came back that I had been exposed to herpes, but I already had type 1 for a long time. The preliminary tests came back negative for type 2, positive for type 1, still waiting to hear back about the final results. Does anyone have any insight as to if this could be a type 1 break out in the genital area or if it sounds like herpes to them? Any information would be greatly appreciated, I'm losing my mind over this.
And also, there was maybe two seconds of any penetration at all before condom, after he put condom on he put it in far enough to tear the hymen and i made him stop, no more contact after that, and i did receive some oral from him, but also not for very long.
have you ever had a cold sore that you can recall?

has your partner checked to make sure that herpes was a part of his std testing? it's not a part of routine std testing so he might just be assuming he got the whole shebang. also ask if his testing was at least 3 months after his last partner.

did they also test you for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally when you were seen?

grace
He said he was tested for absolutely everything, including herpes, I have only ever had canker sores before. They tested me for every kind of STD and any infections that it could have been. He was tested a week after we had the encounter and it still came out negative for herpes for him, which unless it's just new for him and still not showing, is very confusing for me.
at this point, odds are this isn't a herpes issue. should you get the rash again, be seen promptly for further work up.
I really hope it's not. I'm losing my mind over it, I know it's not as big of a deal as people make it seem, but still, no one wants to be told they have herpes and have to explain that to future partners.
statistically in the US alone, 1 out of every 2-3 of us has hsv1. `1 out of every 4-5 has hsv2. those are just if you are under 50. Not many of us get through life without at least one type of herpes.  It's unfortunate that no one takes the time to properly educate us on it so that we are informed instead of scared :(  
Agreed! Another thing I noticed is the sores I had, there were a lot of them, on both sides, but they also left some scars and discoloration which I didn't think was typical of herpes as well.
right, usually herpes lesions heal without leaving scars.