We both have herpes, safe sex?
My girlfriend has had the herpes virus (test confirmed) for several years. She has had two oral outbreaks, the last one two years ago.

I probably got the virus from her (unprotected sex), and had my first outbreak (genital) two weeks ago.

Since I took medications (acyclovir) right after spotting the first blisters, my outbreak was minor and 5 days later I was perfectly fine again. I did take a 10-day break on sex.

However, I just noticed ONE very small herpes-like blister in the same area that I had my first outbreak. It's so small that it's hard to spot.

The question is: we are both infected (genital for me, oral for her). I may have a very small herpes blister that will probably cause no discomfort at all during sex. If we have unprotected sex, is there a chance that this will induce an outbreak in her genital area??
so what testing have you both had so far?  do you both have hsv1?  

grace
We took something like IgM and IgG tests. The test was for both HSV 1 and 2 in the same result (will score positive if have type 1, 2 or both)

The IgG test scored positive. From what I read about the first outbreak after infection (2 to 20 days), I can conclude that she is the one whom I got the virus from.
you can't be sure you have hsv1 genitally from a blood test dear.

it appears the blood testing you both had done was a waste of time and money anyways. you had igm testing done which current cdc recommendations advise against. you also had non-type specific igg blood testing done which tells you nothing. you'll both have to seek out type specific herpes igg blood testing and go from there for better answers.

grace
Thanks Grace,

But without thinking only about tests, here are some more facts:

- I got myself tested in february, negative in all of them.
- She is the only person that I've had unprotected sex with in the past months
- She has had two confirmed oral herpes outbreaks

So, assuming that I got the virus from her. The question is: can an outbreak in my penis trigger a virus outbreak in her genitals?
no it will not.