Herpes Expert Forum
What do I do now!

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

What do I do now!

Terri,

My first test was through Sepa labs and my scores were HSV-1 5.00 and HSV-2  2.19.  I got a WB and it came back inconclusive. Got retested this time through Quest Diagnostic and my scores were HSV -1 5.00 and HSV-2 -1.19.  What are my chances that this is a false positive. Also I have never had an outbreak.

Thanks For Your Help.
Hmmm.  This is my third time answering this post.  Not sure what is going on here.  But I am not ignoring you!

When was your last sexual contact of any kind?

Terri
Avatar n tn
In November
Avatar n tn
My first test was January 18th
I'm not clear about the timing of your most recent test, but if it was recently, I would not think you were serconverting as plenty of time has gone by since your last sexual contact.  Have you taken any herpes medicines?

Terri
Avatar n tn
Yes Valcor but that's because they said I had it.  So what now? And what is serconverting?
Avatar n tn
My first test was January the WB was in February and the second test was in March with Quest Diagnostics which said my HSV-2 1.19.
How many days of herpes medicine did you take?

Terri
Avatar n tn
I stopped after WB!
So how many days of medicine did you take
Avatar n tn
For two months when WB came back inconclusive stopped went to doctor in March and got quest labs test. received test results April 1st.
So your last sexual contact was in November.  At what point did you take two months of antiviral medicine?  I'm having trouble getting your entire picture.

Terri
Avatar n tn
31 days
Avatar n tn
31 or 32 days
It is possible that a month of medicine may impact your western blot.  I would recommend repeating it in June.

Terri
Avatar n tn
32 Days
Avatar n tn
32 days
Avatar n tn
32 days
Avatar n tn
32 days