Herpes Community
What does been "Exposed to HSV-2" mean?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What does been "Exposed to HSV-2" mean?

"Please Discregard first 2 previous post, when I posted it, stuff were getting cut off, for some reason"
Ok Hey Guys, I'm a 26 year old healthy male, but lately I decided to go to the Doctor for a full check up, being that I've been paying for my insurance and have'nt been to the Doctor in about 4 years. So I got a blood work done, and my doctor said everything was fine, I was negative for everything, "BUT" their was one thing.... He said the I have been "Exposed to HSV-2" which is Herpes and that it was'nt anything to worry about. I've been with the same girl for over 5 years and neither of us have ever had any type of Herpes symtoms (symptoms) or breakouts. She was also tested afterwards but was negative. So my question is, should I be taking any precausions, I'm a little worried, but not much, being that I never had any symtoms (symptoms), and I've never cheated on my girlfriend. Could this be an incorrect reading? Heres a copy of my test below, I dont quite understand it, but maybe you guys can help me. I would really really appreciate it.
              TEST                                   RESULT                                            LIMITS

HSV Type 2-Specific Ab,  IgG
        HSV 2 IgG, Type Spec                 1.01H     index                               0.00 - 0.90
                                                                                  Negative                         0.91
                                                                                  Equivocal              0.91 - 1.09
                                                                                  Positive                          1.09  

Note: Negative indicates no antibodies detected to HSV-2. Equivocal may suggest early infection. If clinically appropriate, retest at later date. Positive indicates antibodies detected to HSV-2; coinfection with HSV-1 cannot be excluded without type specific testing.

Anti-dsDNA Antibodies
Anti-DNA  (DS)  AB  Qn              <1                IU/mL                                  0    -    9
                                                                                  Negative                            5
                                                                                  Equivocal                5    -    9
                                                                                  Positive                             9