Herpes Expert Forum
What is it?

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

What is it?

I have had issues with the skin on my penis tearing for many years. I had a relationship for a few months with a woman that was later found out to be HSV2 positive. Multiple doctors have looked at the tears. Some say it could be herpes and some not. I have had 3 negative igg tests for hsv 1 and 2. I have also a negative swab. The latest igg test was 3 years since the possible exposure. When the tears come it is always after sex and they last only a couple of days, but will come back every time I have sex for an extended period of time.I should be able to say that with this many negative tests I should let it go. No one has offered a solution otherwise. What are your thoughts? I have a history of Eczema and a weakened immune system from Crohns Disease.
Interesting.  I think the tearing likely has nothing whatsoever to do with herpes, but I'm not sure what would cause that.  Have you asked the person who cares for your Crohn's disease if this could be related?  Are you taking steroid medications?  I know that topical steroids can make genital skin very thin and should be used rarely in the genital area, but I'm not sure if oral steroids can do that, or even if you are taking them.

It sure doesn't seem very sexy to know your penis skin is going to tear after sex, does it?  

I would count on the accuracy of the testing, both antibody and swab tests and perhaps a dermatologist, with knowledge of your conditions, can help you sort out the reason your skin is tearing.

I think herpes can come off the list for you.

Terri