Herpes Community
What is this? Herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

What is this? Herpes?

So about a year ago I saw a purple ulcer on the skin below the head of my penis, that appeared 3 or 4 months after I had a sexual activity with a man (I am a male also) we had a little bit of genital to genital rubbing but I did not see herpes on him and he told me he didn't have it.

I'm sure this isn't Herpes but I can't rule it out of my head. It's appeared a year ago and I went to the doctor right when I saw it, he took a culture of it and it came back negative for Herpes, it wasn't painful and I wouldn't of noticed it if I wasn't doing crotchwatch everyday LOL It went away but then appeared in the same spot after 5+ months, it still wasn't painful but it I knew it was there. Well it's come back again but it's been there for like two maybe three months, I couldn't feel it for the longest time and it was small, but now it's gotten bigger and red, it's like its under the thin layer of skin on the shaft of my penis and it's not painful but occasionally it feels like it gets irritated.... I'll admit my cleanliness down there wasn't that great this past month because of how busy i've been. But I'm tired of whatever this is and I just want it to go away.

Sp pretty much, it's an ulcer, comes and goes, isn't painful until recently and it's not painful but feels irritated, then other times I feel nothing. It appears in the same spot over and over again. Does it sound like anything? Is there a cream or something I can put on it? Any info/advice would greatly be appreciated! What kind of doctor would I go see about this?

at this point you need a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what your status is as well as an exam by your provider.  your regular doctor is fine for this.

grace
Thank you grace, so there are different types of Herpes? Like different versions of genital Herpes?

It didn't follow the usual first outbreak and stuff, so I felt relieved it couldn't be it, but do I still have a possibility? I'll go about the doctor though, thank you!
am 27 years male. i have been taking ciproflax for the last 3 months as i had recurrentRecurrent cystitisUTIAbortion - elective or therapeutic
Autism
Autism - resources
Autistic behavior
Cutis marmorata on the leg
Cystitis - acute bacterial
Epstein-barr virus test
Excessive or unwanted hair in women
Febrile/cold agglutinins
Institutional hygiene
Mononucleosis spot testand also semen infection with E coli. also since i had problems with my urineCalcium - urine
Calcium urine test
Chloride - urine
Cortisol - urine
Electrolytes - urine
Glucose test - urine
Hcg in urine
Ketones - urine
Kidney - blood and urine flow
Lh urine test (home test)
Ph urine testflow, i have been taking Alfoo tablets for the last 4 months.

now urineCalcium - urine
Calcium urine test
Chloride - urine
Cortisol - urine
Electrolytes - urine
Glucose test - urine
Hcg in urine
Ketones - urine
Kidney - blood and urine flow
Lh urine test (home test)
Ph urine testfllow has improved and recent cuntlure tests shows negative for both urineCalcium - urine
Calcium urine test
Chloride - urine
Cortisol - urine
Electrolytes - urine
Glucose test - urine
Hcg in urine
Ketones - urine
Kidney - blood and urine flow
Lh urine test (home test)
Ph urine testand semen. since i complained of minure blackBlack cohosh
Black draught
Black hawspots in my penis head, i was given Zovirax 200 mg 5 times a day for 5 days. after that i had undergone test for Herpex and the folowing results were seen,

HSV 1 IgG 0.34 A.I
HSV 2 IGG 0.43 A.I

HSV 1 IgM :Not detectable
HSV 2 IGM : 0.01 Ratio

could u plz let me knw as to wht the above results show,do i hve the Herpex infection or am all clear and wht those counts means?

plz help me in this, am really worried
i forgot to add that the Test was done about  on the 10th day after the completion of my  Zovirax 200 mg - 5 caps a day * 5 days(antiviral)  dosage.
please read our read before posting post on this forum as to the rules of posting here. I see you also have your own separate post so your questions will be answered there.