Herpes Community
What is this sore and itching on my penis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I have notice some itching and a red sore on the shaft of my penis by the head. I am also uncircumcised. The itching is not due to uncleanliness. The sore is like a raw spot and is about 1/2 in in diameter. it is a little tender.. It has been present for almost two weeks and has healed and come back twice. Same spot. it is not like a bump, almost more like concave a little. I also noticed it is like a hard disc the size of the sore.
This is a herpes forum but if you are wondering if it is herpes, no it is not. Herpes doesn't hang around for weeks then disappear and come back as you mentioned. I don't know what you have but it could be some sort of bacterial infection or yeast infection. Go to a dermatologist and have him prescribe something
OK well I wasn't sure and it sounded kind of like herpes symptoms with the itching and painfulness. I just thought this was the place to ask... and it has been a total of two weeks during which it would go almost all the way away and then be sore again.
certainly be seen and get this checked out. plenty of things can cause irritation like this and a proper exam hopefully will help you get to the bottom of things :)

stop back and let us know how your appointment went.

grace