Herpes Community
What to expect?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

What to expect?

I was diagnosed via blood test to have HSV2 less than 2 weeks ago.  Since then I have had sore lower back, flu like symptoms aches and pains, feel quite cold most of the time and have had uncomfortable, regular urination.  Ive took acyclovir for 10 days upon diagnosis and just about finished my course.  I have not really seen any lesions appear yet.  I know the virus works differently in different people but should I expect to see lesions at some point if none appeared in initial outbreak?  Will I always feel this lethargic, or will it get better?  Also, Ive read that people cant drink much beer, this is one of the things I love to do so I hope theres a way I can still do it a couple of times a week and stay healthy.
Can you provide your test results to us so we can review if you had a true positive or maybe have a false positive.  

You could just be sick.  Please get us your test results so we can best help you.  It should look ike HSV1 igg 0.34 HSV2 igg 3.58

They didn't give me any numbers, doctor said that testing centre doesn't supply them.  Only data I got was  HSV1 igg negative,  HSV2 igg positive,  HSV1 & HSV2 igm negative.  I had the tests done twice, the first time I was 'borderline' on the HSV2 igg test the second time 10 days later it was positive on the igg.
so you were diagnosed with genital herpes but yet you've not yet had any actual lesions at all? do I understand that correctly?

you'll need to confirm your testing with further testing. too many false positive issues to accept just a + as a result. Call your provider monday and ask them to contact the lab they use to see what the actual numeric results are ( some labs just don't provide them but they have them ) or if this was a immunoblot test you had done, you'll need to confirm your status with a herpes WB 4 months after the last time you had sex unless you get a lesion to have cultured to confirm infection.

grace
Yes, no lesions that I could see, there was a small mark at the base of my genitals, like a pin prick, but no lesions from.what I could see.  I did have discomfort in anus, itch and feels warmish.  Ill see if I can get actual numbers, is it uncommon if im having initial ob to have no lesions if I caught it early enough with acyclovir?
no it is not. acyclovir doesn't do a whole heck of a lot for a newly acquired infection so odds are you would've had obvious symptoms even with acyclovir if this was newly acquired.