What type of test should I seek out.

I will try to keep this brief and rant free.  I had an unprotected oral sex encounter a few days ago with a SW, that was foolish, to say the least. It was an impulsive result of a year of long hours, and no girlfriend, but I digress.  While I have not manifested symptoms yet, and I know that I may not, I intend to get tested once 3-4 months pass (assuming I don't develop lesions by that time).  

So, I am wondering what type of blood test should one seek out if they don't have visible symptoms, but have a strong suspicion of infection?  I was tested about 2 years ago for everything (after I turned 30; I'd never been tested, and thought that it was a good idea).  I had this done at a Planned Parenthood, and I believe that they used an IgG (I think), but it was negative for HSV-1 & 2 (along with all the other STDs I was tested for). I would prefer to find out results as soon as possible, the waiting is awful, so is there a specific test that I can get in a shorter time frame that is accurate? I guess I'm looking for a breakdown of test types, relative time frames, and effectiveness.  

Any info would be appreciated!
If you only got oral from her, the risks are pretty small you caught anything. If you are worried about HSV, you would have to wait a few months and get another IGG test unless you show visible symptoms then you would need to get it swabbed and they can tell you what it is. I am sure you are fine...
You can go for the HIV combo test which looks for the antibodies and dna in the virus itself at 2-3 weeks.  since it was unprotected oral sex, that carries a low risk for HIV transmission.  At the time stated above you shuld go ahead and grt you a full STD panel check since the last one you had was 2 years ago.  Best of luck to you.