When do you share with someone that you have Herpes 2
I am casually dating (not having sex) but scarred to get serious or close to anyone due to me having Herpes 2.  What conversation should I have are they going to reject me?
http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/15788?personal_page_id=2329  is a journal entry by Jess that I think is terrific reading on this.  If you haven't read it already ( we link to it in our "everything you wanted to know about herpes but were afraid to ask" health page here on medhelp ) I recommend doing so.  Don't look at it as just talking about your herpes that you know you have, think of it as being sexually responsible with a partner and talking about what you each know you do have and decided what else to get tested for.  We tend to think sex is all sexy and romantic and forget about the reality - anytime you have 2 people together, germs of some sort of another are going to be transmitted.  

Will you get rejected for having herpes? Sure you probably will.  Some folks seem to have the worst luck ever and get rejected more than they don't while others never, ever get rejected for it. The rest of us - fall in between that.  I know in 22 years of having hsv2, I've been rejected just because of my herpes 2x.  Not bad odds if you ask me.  Of course I've also been rejected because of my dogs ( far more times than my herpes believe it or not...lol ) and because I have kids and because I work really crappy hours.  I've also been rejected because I'm no longer at a supermodel weight.  Oh yeah and I've also been rejected because I'm too smart.  See where I'm getting at here? We get rejected for many reasons and herpes is just one of them.  ( for reasons of full disclosure I have to say I once ended a relationship with a guy because he wore docksiders, sweat pants, black dress socks and a flannel shirt on our 3rd date - I am not above shallowness myself ). Most of my friends have never been rejected just because of their herpes.  Only time will tell how your experiences will be.

grace
I know what you are going thru. I have pushed guys away because I don't want to run them away and they tell everyone they know. I just stay to myself and pray God send me the right man.