Herpes Community
When does it stop hurting?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

When does it stop hurting?

I was just today diagnosed with Herpes. I was not told 1 or 2 and do not know the difference. I was given an antiviral to take. It just hurts so much to pee. I apparently have a bladder infection as well.

My question - When does it stop hurting? How long do you have to wait till it goes away? Does it ever really go away? I read on here people saying they have 1 or 2 episodes a month. I will kill myself if I have to go through this again.

Can somebody please answer my question. Make a comment. Tell me to bug off. Something! I feel so alone.
let's keep it all in your original post - thanks!

I went through a period of having outbreaks every 5 weeks. I did/do have a more severe case of HSV2. my doctor put me on an antiviral med that I could take daily to help supress the outbreaks. After a month or so, the outbreaks had lessened. And after a year... well I haven't had another In over a year now. In Most normal cases, the first year could consist of 3-4 outbreaks then lessens every year. Some people have 1 outbreak then never again have another. U and ur doctor can discuss an effective treatment for u. Hope I eased ur mind a little.
I appreciate you taking the time to answer my post. I am trying to live with this day by day.
I don't understand. If I have a different question, how does anyone know if I ask it under my orignal post??
when you ask a new question under your original post, it bumps it right back to the top for all to see.

our read before posting post on the forum goes over the guidelines for posting here on the forum and asks everyone to keep all their questions in one post. when you make multiple posts then I have to take the time to go back and read EVERY SINGLE POST you've made previously which really takes up a lot of my time. since this is all volunteer here and free for all to use, anything to make it easier for the folks who volunteer their time and expertise here is greatly appreciated :)
Herpes can be a pain in the butt, but for the most part it's not that bad. I've had herpes for 2yrs with only 2 outbreaks, so I guess I'm doing good. I would say it takes about 3 days before your med will kick in, so be sure to drink lots of water and eat healthy. By the way, I do not take meds everyday.
I have a q. I am a man who had sex with only two woman....but the last woman i had sex with...not even a day i got up to pee and i seen 3 bumps on my penis i was scared. The next day i had a white discharge and i went to get tested and the clinic says it was chlymidia and gave me a shot no more discharge but i still have the bumps they dont hurt or itch it doesnt even burn when i pee and i been havn the bumps for 7 days im kinda nervous now
I have herpes I'm 22 years old and I'm going through my first outbreak and it is straight hell I have bumps open sores pain when I pee and **** a discharge now I been feeling like this since Sunday into now wishing and praying the pain go away I won't wish this one Bologna one plus I can't sleep at night in pain or my virgin is very dry like a reset n I'm taking meds
I'm 19 and the doc looked at my penis and said he's sure it's herpes, I think I only had it for a week and have a group of white heads under my penis that don't hurt unless they are touched with forced. I don't feel any pain as of now but I'm thinking I'm at the beginning stages of an outbreak and will feel pain soon? I'm scared of my own body right now. Anybody think they can tell me what stage I'm in because I see 1 sore but have no pain??