Herpes Expert Forum
Which result is correct? lab or test panel??

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

last 2 week i gets the medical report from lab that mention i've infected HSV-2
igG 5.1

Reference range Index
Negative = 1.1 Index

BUT yesterday i use home bio test for HSV2 test panel to test by myself, it's result all negative, which is correct????
I'm a little confused.  What is the self panel that you got?  Do you mean you ordered the tests yourself, but they were done at a lab?  Where are you that you did a bio test at home for hSV 2?  Can you help me understand this in more detail please?

Terri
the self panel i get for igg & igm all result is negative. but why lab show positive?
i'm purchase Herpes HSV1/2 Blood Test at home bio test at http://home-bio-test.com/ to verify the result. but all show negative. (not invalid). so i'm quite confuse which result is right, is the lab or my purchased panel
I'm so sorry, but I'm still not understanding you.  
The self panel was run by a lab, right?  you ordered it, but you didn't run it yourself, right?  What you did run a home test for herpes that detects both HSV 1 and 2, you must be out of the US, right?
So who ordered the test that was positive for HSV 2?
Where are you?
I'm sorry, but I am still very confused about your situation.
Terri
i run 2 times of test. first i test on lab. it's show positive.
second times i buy home test kit to test myself, it's show negative
i'm at malaysia. i just want to verify whether the test at lab is correct or not, so i buy the self kit to test again by myself.
An ELISA index value of >5 generally indicates infection.  I don't know why the bio test was negative.  You could try doing another lab ELISA to rule out any lab mix up.

Terri